- Kalyan Jewellers – Kalyan Jewellers is planning to raise around Rs 1,750 crores through its IPO. The IPO is set to offer a fresh equity issue of 1000 crores. The company has posted operating sales of 10,181 crores, up from 9,814 crores in the last financial year.
- Bajaj Energy Bajaj Energy The company’s IPO size is estimated to be around Rs 5,450 crores, of which Rs 5,150 crores would be a fresh issue. The issue date is yet to be announced. Bajaj power ventures promoter is providing 300 crores of scrips. The Promoters of this company are Shishir Bajaj, Minakshi Bajaj, Kushagra Bajaj and ApoorvaBajaj Bajaj Energy Limited is one of the largest thermal generating firms in the private sector in Uttar Pradesh.
- LIC IPO LIC IPO In the 2021 Union Budget, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman confirmed that the IPO of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) will be completed in 2021. Minister of State for Finance said that up to 10% of the LIC IPO issue size will be reserved for policyholders. It is reported that the government is aiming to collect funds to the extent of 80,000 crores through this IPO. Policybazaar IPO Watch India’s top singers revive the most iconic lullabies for you.
- Policybazaar IPO Policybazaar plans to secure nearly $250 million in a $2 billion-plus valuation funding round before an initial public offering in September 2021. With Info Edge being an early investor, Policybazaar was founded in 2008. With more than 90 percent market share, Policybazaar is the biggest online insurance firm in India.
- Zomato IPO Zomato IPO The food delivery startup backed is expected to launch IPO in the first half of 2021. Zomato had also acquired Uber Eats during FY20 to become the business leaders in the delivery industry. It is speculated that Zomato is looking for an IPO by June this year, valuing the firm on the stock sector at $6-8 billion. The Ant Group once held a 25-26% stake in Zomato. The Economic Times announced that current investors Tiger Global, Kora Investments, Steadview, Fidelity, Bow Wave, Vy Capital and new sponsor Dragoneer Group will participate in the funding round.
- Barbeque Nation IPO Barbeque Nation IPO Barbeque Nation will come up with its IPO soon because it has the approval of the SEBI market regulator to increase around Rs 1000 to 1200 crore through an IPO, around Rs 275 crores will be a fresh issue. A pre-IPO placement to amounting to Rs 150 crore could be considered by the firm.
- Delhivery IPO Delhivery IPO The e-logistics service provider holds more than 20 percent of its sector’s market share and has raised 780 million across its various funding rounds. The company has over 85 fulfillment centers and has delivered 750 million orders to date. T
- Paytm IPO Paytm IPO Paytm, the leading payments company, founded in 2010 is likely to launch its IPO this year. Softbank, Ant Financials, T Rowe Price and Discovery Capital are the main investors. Ant Financials is the largest investor with a 40% stake in the firm. The business has 150-200 million daily users and it is scheduled to go public soon. Digital payments are at a significant milestone in India, with mobile payments dependent on UPI is expected to increase to over 60% of CAGR over the next five years.
Buy business GK for management exams.
Full access and unlimited validity
IPO or initial public offering is the process by which the shares of a company are offered to institutional and retail investors for the first time. This is also known as stock market launch. It enables the companies to raise capital. IPO market is an example of a primary market i.e. a market where the company sells its stocks and bonds to the public for the first time.
There have been 43 IPOs in 2020 alone. Compared to the number of IPOs since 2008 (164), this is promising. Some of these IPOs even hold the title of the biggest IPOs ever seen in India.
Important IPOs, mergers 2021
Mergers and Acquisitions in India 2020-2021
|S. No.||Merger Company||Remarks|
|1.||Reliance Retail Ventures Stake||Silver Lake, KKR|
|2.||Infosys to buy Czech consultancy firm GuideVision||IT firm Infosys annunced it signed a definitive agreement to acquire GuideVision, an enterprise service management consultancy for up to 30 million euros including earn-out and bonuses.|
|3.||TikTok to merge with Oracle||Byte Dance a Chinese Company which owns a popular video-sharing app called TikTok in its recent merger deals choose Oracle a US-based firm.|
|4.||Infosys acquires product design firm Kaleidoscope Innovation||Global software major Infosys 3rd September announced it has acquired U.S.-based product design firm Kaleidoscope Innovation for $42 million to expand its engineering service offerings in medical devices, consumer and industrial markets across America.|
|5.||ICICI Lombard to acquire Bharti AXA General Insurance||Bharti AXA’s non-life insurance business will merge with ICICI Lombard’s general insurance business through a scheme of arrangement. Bharti Enterprises currently owns 51 per cent stake in Bharti AXA General Insurance, while French insurer AXA has 49 per cent.|
|6.||Reliance Retail acquires majority stake in Netmeds||Reliance Industries Limited through its wholly-owned subsidiary Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL) has acquired majority equity stake in Chennai-based Vitalic Health Pvt. Ltd. and its subsidiaries (collectively known as ‘Netmeds’) for approximately ₹620 crores in cash.|
|7.||LIC acquires 5% stake in YES Bank||LIC purchased 105.98 crore shares, reflecting 4.23 per cent stake. Prior to this, LIC had 0.75 per cent stake in Yes Bank though 19 crore shares held. LIC holding in the bank increased to 4.98 per cent through 125 crore shares held.|
|8.||Adani Group to acquire 74% stake in Mumbai International Airport||Gautam Adani-led Adani Group is set to acquire a 74 per cent stake in Mumbai International Airport (MIAL), which operates the country’s second-largest airport, with the current operator settling its disputes with its minority partner and exiting the venture.|
|9.||Reliance Retail acquires Future Group’s retail business||Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd (RRVL), a subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), has acquired Future Group’s retail and wholesale business, and logistics and warehousing business for ₹24,713 crore.|
|10.||KKR to buy 54% Stake in JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals||Global investment firm KKR will buy a 54% equity stake in JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, a Mumbai based pharmaceutical major for Rs 3,109 crore.|
|11.||UltraTech’s Subsidiary To Sell Entire Stake In Chinese Cement Firm||Krishna Holdings, a subsidiary of UltraTech Nathdwara Cement, will sell its entire 92.5 per cent stake in China’s Shandong Binani Rongan Cement for around $129 million. UltraTech Nathdwara Cement is a subsidiary of the UltraTech Cement.|
|12.||Adani Power to acquire US-based AES’ 49% stake in Odisha Power||Adani Power will purchase a 49 percent equity stake in Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) for $135 million (around Rs 1,019 crore) from US-based The AES Corporation’s, the company announced on June 23. The Odisha government holds the balance 51 percent stake in OPGC.|
|13.||Yes Bank acquires 24.19% stake in Dish TV||Yes Bank Ltd acquired a 24.19% stake in direct-to-home service provider, Dish TV India Ltd, by invoking pledges against 44.53 equity shares kept as collateral with the private lender for a loan.|
|14.||Acquisition of 100% shares and control of Tech Data Corporation by Tiger Midco LLC||The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves the proposed acquisition of 100% shares and control of Tech Data Corporation by Tiger Midco LLC.|
|15.||BP Global’s 49% acquisition of Reliance BP Mobility Limited||The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposed combination between BP Global Investments Ltd and Reliance BP Mobility Ltd (RBPML) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act 2002.|
|16.||Manulife picks 49% stake in Mahindra AMC||Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services (Mahindra Finance) on 29th April announce global financial services group Manulife has acquired 49 per cent stake in its wholly-owned subsidiary Mahindra Asset Management Company. invested $35 million or Rs 265 crore|
|17.||Polycab India buys 50% stake in Ryker from Trafigura||Polycab India (PIL) on 2 May 2020 announced that it has signed an agreement with Trafigura, Singapore, to acquire 50% stake in Ryker Base thereby terminating the existing joint venture.|
|18.||Carlyle to buy 74% stake in SeQuent||The US based private equity firm The Carlyle Group has agreed to acquire 74% stake in SeQuent Scientific Limited, the largest pure-play animal healthcare company in India, for $210 million (Rs.1587 crore).|
|19.||100% acquisition of Emami Cement by NVCL||The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved acquisition of 100% of the total issued and paid up share capital of Emami Cement Limited (ECL), on a fully diluted basis, by Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Limited (NVCL).|
|20.||100% acquisition of Emami Cement by NVCL||The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved acquisition of 100% of the total issued and paid up share capital of Emami Cement Limited (ECL), on a fully diluted basis, by Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Limited (NVCL).|
|21.||RITES signs pact to acquire 24% stake in Indian Railway Station Development||State-owned RITES Ltd on 22nd May has signed an agreement to buy 24% stake in Indian Railway Station Development Corp. Ltd, (IRSDC), the company tasked with redeveloping railway stations across the country.|
|22.||Ola Electric acquires Etergo, to launch electric two-wheeler||Ola Electric on 27th May acquired the Netherlands-based Etergo BV, an innovative electric scooter company known for its award-winning AppScooter for an undisclosed sum, and announced its foray into the premium electric two-wheeler market, both globally and nationally.|
|23.||ITC to acquire 100% equity share capital of Sunrise Foods||ITC Limited has entered into a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) on May 23, 2020 to acquire 100% of the equity share capital of Sunrise Foods Private Limited (SFPL), a company primarily engaged in the business of spices under the trademark ‘Sunrise’, subject to fulfillment of various terms and conditions as specified in the SPA.|