Modern History TOP 50 most repeated MCQs for all competitive exams questions and answers for SSC, RRB NTPC, NDA, FCI, PSUs, state government exams, UPPPSC, NABARD, IBPS, Insurance etc
1. ‘Lucknow Pact’ was a deal between
a) Indians and the British about legislative seats
b) Hindus and Muslims regarding seat sharing in legislatures
c) Depressed castes and Brahmins about job reservations
d) Hindus and Sikhs about job reservations
2. The joint session of the Congress and Muslim League was held in
3. Who, among the following, founded the ‘All India Depressed Class?es Federation’ in 1920?
a) M.K. Gandhi
b) Jyotiba Phule
c) G.K. Gokhale
d) B.R. Ambedkar
4. The first Trading Centre which was established by the British was
5. When and which Governor-General decided to make English the medium of instruction in India?
a) 1805-Lord Wellesley
b) 1845-Lord Hardinge
c) 1835-Lord William Bentick
d) 1850-Lord Dalhousie
6. Who among the following, is acknowledged as the pioneer of Local Self-Government in India?
7. Who among the following is popularly known as ‘Periyar’?
a) C.V. Raman Pillai
b) C.N. Mudaliar
c) E.V. Ramaswamy Naicker
d) L. Ramkrishna Pillai
8. In which of the following places was the Ryotwari settlement introduced?
a) Uttar Pradesh and Punjab
b) North-West Provinces and Punjab
c) Madras and Bombay
d) Bengal and Bihar
9. Which among the following places, was not an important centre of the Revolt of 1857?
10. Who, among the following, abolished the Dual System of Government in Bengal?
a) Lord Clive
b) Lord Cornwallis
d) Lord Warren Hastings