Modern History TOP 50 most repeated MCQs
11. Who among the following was famous for framing the education
a) Lord Elgin
b) Lord Macaulay
d) None of these
12. Who, among the following, has been known as the ‘Frontier Gandhi’?
a) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
b) Khan Saheb
c) Chaudhary Shaukatullah
d) Liaquat Ali Khan
13. The Ryotwari System of Land Tenure refers to a situation where—
a) the Ryot is the owner of the land held by him/her and directly pays the revenue assessed on the land to the State
b) the Ryot is an occupancy tenant of his/her land and pays
c) the land revenue to the Zamindar
d) the person cultivates the land leased from a landlord and in
e) return pays rent to the landlord
14. Swami Dayanand Saraswati established the first Arya Samaj in 1875 at
15. Who, among the following, was the pioneer of social reform movements in 19th century India?
a) Aurobindo Ghosh
b) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
c) Devendra Nath Tagore
d) Keshav Chandra Sen
16. Who started the Home Rule Movement?
a) Annie Beasant
b) Padmaja Naidu
c) Kamla Devi Chattopadyaya
d) Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur
17. When was the Gandhi Irwin Pact made?
18. What was not true about Sir Syed Ahmad Khan?
a) He founded the Mohammadan Anglo Oriental College at Aligarh
b) He was a leader of the Muslim League
c) He was a leader of the Aligarh Movement
d) He opposed the Indian National Congress
19. ‘Neel Darpan’ a play depicting the revolt against the indigo planters
was written by
a) Dinbandhu Mitra
b) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
c) Rabindranath Tagore
d) Naveen Chandra Sen
20. Champaran Satyagraha was related to
d) Fresh assessment of land