SSC MTS exam latest pattern for 2020/2021, syllabus and best courses
The SSC MTS exam pattern will consist of two papers followed by document verification. As per the latest notification, there shall be two papers viz. Paper – I and Paper – II.
- Paper 1 will consist of a total of 100 multiple choice questions as mentioned below. Total duration of paper 1 is 90 minutes.
- Paper 2 of SSC MTS is qualifying in nature and has one descriptive (Essay or Letter writing) question for 50 marks.Total duration of Paper II is 30 minutes. Those who qualify Paper 1 as per SSC MTS Cutoff will be eligible to appear for Paper 2.
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks||Total Duration/ Timing|
Important points for SSC MTS exam pattern:
- Total number of marks is 100 as per the latest pattern.
- Paper- I will be objective type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern: Paper-II
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Paper 1 will be required to appear for a descriptive type qualifying paper for testing basic language skills.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Total Duration/ Timing|
|Short Essay /Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 Minutes|
Some important points about the exam:
- Paper- II will be descriptive in nature.
- This exam is qualifying in nature.
- It is intended to test the elementary language skills of the candidates to be suitable for the post.
Syllabus for SSC MTS as per latest pattern
As I have told you earlier GK and english will have a very great role in your exam. You have to buy the course packs not just mock tests. You have to know the syllabus and also read the course before you give any exams. All my courses are updated with benefits which are affordable and with unlimited benefits.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020/2021
SSC MTS Syllabus – Numerical Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers,
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
SSC MTS Syllabus – General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series
Basics of English Language
- Sentence structure
- Antonyms and its correct usage
- Static GK
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs
SSC MTS Syllabus – Descriptive Paper II
Short Easy or Letter
The Paper will be set in English and Hindi and to the extent possible in other languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution, to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post. Candidates will be required to write one short essay/letter in English and Hindi each. Candidates can opt to write the essay/letter in any Indian language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
All the exam appearing candidates can attend for the Preliminary Written Test first, later all the candidates who had qualified in the written test will be called for the next round of the SSC MTS Selection Process 2020 that is the Personal Interview.
- Preliminary Written Exam
- Mains Written Exam
- Personal Interview
OUR POPULAR COURSE PACKS FOR SSC ALL EXAMS
You can buy our courses at affordable price. These courses are designed for all and if you want to appear in any other exams these courses will help you in achieving 100%. I provide GK and English which are the most important sections.