Important for all SSC, RRB, RRC, PSU, Banks, UGC NET, MBA, State government exams, AFCAT, NIFT, CLAT, etc.
Objectives of the Union Government Schemes in India
There are several different schemes launched by the different Ministries of the Union Government. Each scheme has its own set of objectives. But the main objective of these schemes is to provide social, financial and economic welfare to the citizens of India. The general objectives of the social-economic and financial schemes are –
- Provide social security measures such as pensions, insurance, maternity benefits, housing etc.
- To improve the quality of the life of the people.
- Upliftment of the poor.
- Development of rural and backward areas.
- Reducing the economic inequality between different sections of society.
- Empower women for their better participation in society.
- To provide employment opportunities.
- To provide education and training to the weaker sections of the society.
- To provide financial security to the vulnerable sections of society.
- To provide financial assistance to women, small businesses and weaker sections of society.
List of Union Government Schemes for Individuals and Businesses
There are different schemes launched by the Union Government of India. Some schemes aim at providing socioeconomic benefits to the individuals. Some schemes aim at providing financial assistance to the businesses. The list of prominent schemes launched by the Union Government is as follows –
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA)
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Grameen Kaushalya Yojana or DDU-GKY
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Swamitva Yojana
- ASPIRE Scheme
- Atal Innovation Mission
- Credit Guarantee Scheme for Startups (CGSS)
- Midday Meal Scheme
- Multiplier Grants Scheme
- Skill India Mission
- Startup India
Benefits of Union Government Schemes for Individuals
There are many schemes launched by different Ministries of the Union Government for the benefit of the citizens of India. The schemes for individuals mainly focus on the vulnerable sections of the society such as rural and urban poor households, women, SC and ST, senior citizens, domestic workers etc. Each scheme concentrates on providing different socio-economic or financial welfare to the people.
The government schemes are beneficial to individuals for obtaining training and employment opportunities. Some schemes help in availing loans at a minimum rate of interest, opening a bank account for individuals, availing financial assistance to meet expenses of an individual, obtaining insurance and enrolling for pension by paying a minimum amount.
Some of the schemes concentrate on development and empowerment of woman. It provides financial assistance to the woman for starting their own business. There are schemes which provide basic education to the woman, maternity benefits and rehabilitation facilities.
Some schemes for the individuals concentrate on providing basic necessities to the individuals such as LED lights, drinking water, distribution of food grains, housing, clean environment etc.
Benefits of Union Government Schemes for Businesses
The Union Government has launched many schemes specifically to help the businesses in India. These schemes allow for ease of business and in turn, strengthen the economy. The schemes launched for businesses helps them by providing financial assistance and technical assistance for their growth.
Many schemes for businesses provide benefits for obtaining loans at subsidised rates, obtaining credit guarantee on loans, subsidy for technological upgradation, support through venture capital etc.
Many recent schemes promote starting own businesses on a small scale basis by providing entrepreneurial and training facilities, building manufacturing infrastructure, incentives for women and economically backward sections to start their own business, a digital platform for accessing global markets and digital documentation etc.
Download Coupons, Free Knowledge Library, Free ATS CV & Lessons