Indian and world Geography TOP 50 MCQs
41. Which of the following is the only volcanic peak in Antarctica?
A. Mt. Blanc
B. Mt. Erebus
C. Mt. Elbrus
D. Mt. Cook
42. Which of the following is called the ‘land of one thousand lakes’?
43. Which of the following deserts have been named after the phrase ‘The Great Thirst’ ?
A. Namib Desert
B. Mojave Desert
C. Kalahari Desert
D. Sahara Desert
44. Among the world oceans, which ocean is having the widest continental shelf ?
A. Antarctic Ocean
B. Arctic Ocean
C. Indian Ocean
D. Atlantic Ocean
45. Among the following Union Territories of India, which one has the largest size?
C) Daman and Diu
46. Which one of the following pair is correctly matched?
A) Plimsoll Line : India and Afghanistan
B) Durand Line : India and Myanmar
C) Macmohan Line : India and Nepal
D) Radcliffe Line : India and Pakistan
47. Ten Degree Channel is between:
A) Dover and Calais
B) Alaska and Russia
C) Little Andaman and Car Nicobar
D) North Korea and South Korea
48. If the usual rule of calculation of time were applied for the extremes of Gujarat and Arunachal Pradesh, then approximately time:
A) at Gujarat would be ahead of that at Arunachal Pradesh by about 3 hours
B) at Gujarat would be ahead of that at Arunachal Pradesh by about 2 hours
C) at Arunachal Pradesh would be ahead of that at Gujarat by about 3 hours
D) at Arunachal Pradesh would be ahead of that at Gujarat by about 2 hours
49. Indian Standard Meridian passes through the states of UP, MP:
A) AP and Karnataka
B) AP and Tamil Nadu
C) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
D) Odisha and AP
50. Summer rains in Australia broadly decreases from
A. east to west
B. west to east
C. north to south
D. south to north
UNLOCK THIS GK SERIES AND GET THE MOST POPULAR GK AND ENGLISH COURSE PACK WITH TONS OF FREE BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL VALIDITY AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICE
Popular course packs (GK & English)
- Detailed Solutions of all Questions (GK&English)
- GK & English plays a vital role in any exams and you must practice these sections to get the score
- Ultra affordable prices and validity upto 2 years with no additional cost and full updates on new GK, detailed solutions of previous papers and much more.
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE COURSES AS PER YOUR EXAMS